Friday, November 2, 2018

I am a complete idiot and should never be allowed at a poker table ever again (part 1)

In this session I’d been playing for an hour or so with nothing of any interest to report - just treading water really.

I look down at KK UTG+1 and raise to $8 and get 3 callers (all MP to C/Obefore the button raises to $35This guy had been playing position very strongly all night so I’m not overly concerned about his raise here. I figure the MP callers are folding to the button’s 3 bet anyway so I might as well 4 bet to see what the button does and I make it $100. Button has me covered and 5 bet shoves. Is this position or does he really have AA? I really don’t believe him and I call for around $300. Neither of us show and the flop is something like J-5-4 rainbow. The turn is a 9 and he immediately turns his hand over showing J-9 leaving me sickened. River is a 4

I muck my hand in disgust, rebuy and get back to my beer. The player next to me (who I’d been chatting to for a bit) asks if I had AK. I tell him KK and I couldn’t believe how the button bet with a lousy J-9. He then says I won (or would have if I hadn’t mucked) – I’d been so infuriated with seeing him hit 2 pair on the turn that I’d completely failed to notice that the board had paired. Why did I not just flip my hand over like I usually do? It really bugged me how stupid that was but at least I could drown my sorrows once the waitress came round again

What’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever done at a poker table?

No comments:

Post a Comment